Saturday, September 4, 2010

....to Birthday Cake!


A couple weeks ago I helped my best friend Val make her daughters wedding cake and I have to tell you there is a lot to be said for having the right cake recipe to obtain the right texture and firmness. That being said tonight making my daughter's 12th birthday cake I now know the error of my ways LOL!!! Yes I can laugh now that it is done! Although, did I mention that instead of a nice smooth surface to decorate tonight it was more like decorating a motor-cross track!

About 10 pm I so wished I had started that project earlier because almost ready to give up I really wanted to call one of my sisters for some moral support, pointers, or a shoulder to cry on. This came about the time that I placed the second layer of cake up on top and started to frost when much to my dismay the top layer started cracking like the grand canyon. So I frosted faster trying to plaster it back together. Then a thought popped into my head the freezer! I put the cake in there for about 15 minutes just long enough to firm it up so I was able to finish decorating it. B was thrilled and thought it was the most beautiful cake she'd ever seen making it all worth it in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.