Sunday, June 28, 2009

Where has June Gone?

The month of June has come and is almost gone! Only 3 days left the weather has been strange this year it reached 91 this afternoon but as the sun went down it cooled right down and it is now in the low 60's out there. The first month of the kids being out of school has been very uneventful really. Jess is sticking close to home and is feeling like she has outgrown many of her friends that are her age because their idea of something to do is sit around drinking... I am VERY happy to say that she just isn't interested in doing that anymore because she has been through that phase already.

Her other friends all graduated this year and most are really busy this summer working and getting ready to leave for college in the fall. Last week she was feeling really down that she doesnt have any close friends that she can talk to. She looked at me and said I am a Junior in high school and the only person that I can talk to about how I am feeling is my Mom! I told her that she just needs to realize that she is just more mature that than most because for many of us we dont figure out that our Mom's are our good friend to confide in until our late 20's.

Then her next statment is and the only thing that I have to look forward to this summer is when all my Aunts are coming for the family reunion the end of June. Then reminded her that is why it is so important that she keep her appointment with the counselor on the 9th of July. Then she will be able to express these feelings to a neutral party that can help her learn how to process them better and learn how to set boundries for herself. I also tried to discuss the importance of getting your body on a schedule: eating 3-4 good meals a day, 7-9 hours of sleep a night. If she would do that I bet her that she would be amazed at how much better she would feel.

Dino has been building fence for a local farmer until this last week when he was lifting an 8ft section of an old phone pole to use it for a fence post that he was dropped to his knees. After crawling to his truck, driving himself back to town (about 25 miles) I met him at our house and took him to the ER where they put him in the chapel on a gurney because they were so busy and out of rooms. That would have been fine accept for one small detail..they FORGOT about him. I took him in about 2:10 he said it took them about 45 minutes to get him into a room....well not room chapel . 5:45 I go up when I get off work and talk to the admitting clerk she tells me that the nurse had just checked him and he just fell asleep and waiting for the doctor to see him.

I didnt want to wake him so I asked her to please just let me know when he woke or the doctor went in to look at him I would be sitting right over there in the waiting area. Simple right. NOT. At 8:40 I went to the admitting clerk and said excuse me havent they had a chance to even see my husband?

They have called 4 other people to go back and I have watched other leaving? She went to check and said oh the doctor just saw him he's in the Chapel. I went in the room and he sprained his back that is why he can't walk, sit or stand and probably won't be able to for the next several days. He said that he had to pee so bad that he finally had to pound on the wall and a cleaning lady came in and asked him what he needed!!

Amazingly the doctor appeared right after that. Are the words patient abandonment or neglect running through your head right about now! I just cant decide whether to write a letter to the head administator of the hospital before or after they try to bill us by the hour for the room/time he was in the ER!!!! That was on Tuesday and yesterday was the first day that he was up walking around for any length of time.

This weekend is 1/2 over already so I have today then work the next 2 then I am off for a whole week!!!! I am excited because I get to spend it with my sister's in Union for my Mom's Family Reunion but, I have SO much to do before they all get here I want my house to be clean so that I will be able to have any of them come by my house and not be imbarrassed by the way it looks. So tomorrow it will be planting the flowers in the front yard, mow the back yard and clean the house......Ready, Set, Go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.