Friday, November 25, 2011

Seasons Change...

With the end of November almost here the weather has grown crisper over the last couple weeks and we have had or first few snow storms! I love the fall all the leaves changing color in our beautiful valley. The mountains getting their first white blankets a sign of the long winter ahead. Getting the kids back into school so we can watch them play football and volleyball. Brody's team went undefeated this year and Bridget's big win the last game of the season was so fun to watch.
Work has been going really well and Dean has kept busy building fence. But now its time for him to switch gears and get ready to chain semi's coming and going over both the mountain passes that lead in and out of the Grande Ronde Valley. This should keep him quite busy as we are supposed to have one of the worst winters that we've had in quite a while.
Thanksgiving behind us and Christmas rapidly approaching I find myself really thankful for my close family, being employed and I think most of all having my daughter Jessie doing so well right now. She is just finishing up her first term at EOU with finals this next week. It has been good for her and I think that she has learned a lot about herself over the past few months. She is really spreading her wings and starting to take control of her life. We had a really good time at Granny & Papa's house yesterday and we were all so glad to have her present not only in body but in mind as well!!
I am getting myself ready for the holidays and the oncoming winter trying to not let the shorter & darker days of winter bring me down. So I will continue to remind myself how very fortunate I am and how much I love LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.