Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Graduation Day Closing In Fast!



I can't believe that our Jessie is going to be graduating from high school in just a week 1/2! It seems like yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital. I have found myself full of mixed emotions over that last couple months as the big day draws nearer. She has really come a long way in the past year, it will be one year ago next week that I drove her to the airport in Boise to fly to my sisters house in Iowa. It was there that my sister flew into action and proceeded to take the steps to save my daughter's life. I will forever be indebted to her because she did what I had been unable to do.

Jessie has been doing well I can see the continual progress looking back over the past months. Not only is she going to be graduating soon but she has been taking the necessary steps to attend EOU this fall. She finally said something just the other day that made me realize just how big a risk it is in her mind doing this. We were on the way home from my parents house and I asked her why she hadn't told her Great Aunt about her plans to attend EOU in the fall when she had been asked about her future plans. She said, "Mom what if I can't do it I mean I might not be able to do good that is what I am afraid of." I told her that this was her chance to start over fresh in many ways. Her GPA slate would be wiped clean, she would be able to make new friends, take interesting classes and most of all learn a lot about herself and what life is all about. I told her that she was getting the chance to really see what she was capable of. This seemed to ease some of her fears.

I really hope that she will put her all into it so she can prove to herself what an intelligent young woman she really is. She takes her SAT this Saturday and we need to get a copy of her final transcript to the University then she will be ready to enjoy the summer until school starts this fall. I think she will also be taking her drivers test soon to get her license to drive and then in August she will turn 18. She will be living at home the first year because that is one of the requirements of the school as a freshman you have to live in the dorms or at home with your parents if they live within the county. I am really glad for that because she will need time to adjust to school without worrying about how she is going to pay her bills to survive.

B & B are also growing up fast and are looking forward to the upcoming summer. Dean has been working building fence for the past 3 months and that has been good for him. He just seems to be happier when he is working. I am still loving my job at the hospital and have recently started the Game On! Diet with some of the ladies from work. Having lost 9 pounds in the past 3 weeks I feel like I am finally gaining some of the much needed control over my own life. It has been a challenge but one that I am looking forward to continuing. So for right now I am a little less manic but give me a week and I'm sure that I will be given a run for my money!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.