Do you ever feel like your sins of the past have come back to haunt you? I have been feeling a little like Scrooge in A Christmas Carol being visited by the past, present and future ghosts. Different things have come up over the last couple weeks making me realize that my kids are growing up so fast...my 2nd oldest J will graduate this June and my youngest two are'nt far behind her I fear. It has been a real challenge to navigate through J's 17th year I am still wanting to be the ever vigilant parent while she is trying to exercise her own wings using her judgments and choices as to which way her life will lead to. I think that in the best of circumstances this is a hard transition period in a parent/child relationship...but given the fact that it was only five months ago I was bringing her home from an inpatient drug treatment center this transition has been made all the harder.
It was upon hearing her paper that she had to write for her graduation project that I was rudely awakened as to how much my past has played a role in her present and future. I can only pray that she is able to keep moving forward
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments.