Saturday, May 29, 2010

Weight Loss a New Start at Life!

I have been considering bariatric surgery for the last year and after hours of research and talking it over with my family and others that have had the surgery done I took the first step and attended a seminar in Ontario put on by Dr Oakley from St Luke's Bariatric Surgery Center. It was an informational session where he presented information on each kind of surgery available today. The option that I am going to pursue is called Roux en Y.

My next step will be to call my insurance companies and find out what they will cover and what I need to do to have them pay for it. I also have an appointment with my regular doctor so that he can work with me too. I left there that night feeling releaved and found myself with tears running down my cheeks as I felt like this is the new start on life Ive been looking for. The one thing that Dr Oakley said that hit home the hardest was that Morbid Obesity is a genetic disposition with several co-morbid diseases one being depression. Depression due to the losses in your life: freedom of movement, activities with your family, loss of a healthy body, etc.

I realized that I really had lost more then my battle with weight more then I was willing to admit to myself even. As I drove home I really had some thing to think about and am more convinced then ever that this is what I want. It usually takes about 6 months to complete everything you need to do before the actual surgery can take place so sometime this fall is when I am shooting for. WISH ME LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.