Friday, June 25, 2010

Relay for Life

Tonight is the annual Relay for Life it runs from 5 pm tonight until 6 am tomorrow morning and for the first time I will not only be attending but also volunteering. I am working at the entrance gate directing people in the right direction. I am really looking forward to it. B and D left yesterday afternoon to go Salmon fishing in the ocean it should be a lot of fun for them. They and the other B will all be home on Sunday so until then I am a loaner. Although it was nice last night to come home and make a sandwich for dinner and sit enjoying the peace and quiet.

I called tonight to check on how J is doing in rehab and I was told that she had a good day and seemed to be getting comfortable around several of her peers. I look forward to being able to talk to her on Sunday and hope that she is getting something out of it. Then I got up and picked up the house a little bit before I settled in to watch some tv and again enjoy the peace and quiet. I also made a decision last week to start selling MaryKay again and this time I am finding that I am a little more motivated to actually work at selling it. This is unlike the last time I was selling it because back then I only had a few customers. I sold just enough to be able to get my products for next to nothing. My debut party is coming up this Monday night at my director's house it should be a lot of fun.

So there is a lot going on in the Norton household these days but it is good to stay busy keeping that balance between work and family. I am trying to stay busy so that I don't just sit and worry about Jessica because I really miss her and want her to come home to me healthy and ready to stay clean. Well it's off to work and then the Relay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.