In April of 2006 I started to notice that the right side of my face had gone numb it was like you could draw a line in the middle of my mouth on the lower jaw all the way back to my neck and up to my ear....Weird huh?!!? Ya that is what I thought too then my left hand started to get tingly and going numb well that was too strange so I called the doctor and he too thought it was weird. By the time I had my appt the next day the tingling and numbness on the left side had grown worse but my doctor had no idea what to think of it so he ordered an MRI and CT Scan to be done at the local hospital but because we live in a small rural area those tests wouldn't be done for almost 2 weeks. Great huh!!!
Well about 5 days go by and I called my doctor back and told him that I really thought that he should see me because it had gotten worse so he had me come up to his office. I showed him that the ends of my fingers almost to the 2nd knuckle has turned blueish/purple and is noticibly colder to the touch....he looks at me and says ya it is I just don't know what to do until you have those tests run!!! Mind you it is Tuesday and the tests are scheduled for Wednesday of the next week!!! Since I haven't ever been the type of person to be agressive in getting the results I want when it is me that either benefits or suffers from said results I left his office and went back to work.
One of the owners of the Internet/Phone Company that I work for is an MD as he became more involved in this business he sold his medical practice and V.A. his RN at the time came to work for him as the Office Manager. So I go back to work and the my friend/co-worker VA takes a look at my fingers feels them. Then she tries to take my pulse at my wrist...she doesn't say much but goes into the back and talks to KM. He sits across the table from me in a meeting that afternoon and looks down at my hands, tries to take my pulse as well then tells everyone to hold on a minute and leaves the room. Little did I know but he called another Dr in town and explained what was going on when that Dr called him back that next morning because he had been in surgery the night before.
I get a call from my doctors nurse telling me that I need to get right up to the hospital to be checked in for some tests....what I say you mean there are openings for tests before next week?? She sounded very put out when she made the comment that KM had made a call to someone who called Dr B telling him to get me to the hospital immediatly!! Thank God he did because I had a blood clog in the sub-clavian arch above my heart! So I was life-flighted to OHSU in Portland clear across the State. Where the blot clot was removed from the brachial aretery in my left arm where it migrated to on my trip to Portland. I was very lucky that my friend V A listened to me and that she told the Doctor in the House! Because mine sure wasn't!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments.