Tuesday, September 20, 2016

When It Rains Sometimes It Pours Like A Monsoon!

  Here I am again trying to process the things that are happening in my life.   After many years of failed attempts to loose the weight that I had gained after having children and my metabolism slowing down due to getting older. I finally took the steps to my last hope of regaining control over my weight and life, 2 1/2 years ago with gastric bypass surgery or Roux en y was the procedure I had done.   Since that time I have lost almost 130 pounds. But now that I am able to live an active lifestyle  I have become painfully aware of my body parts that and old and tired. 
  Early January 2016 I started noticing that my neck was really sore and I couldn't turn my head from side to side, I thought I had slept wrong and that it would eventually work itself out.   After months of doctors appointments: X-Rays, MRI, CT and other tests I find out that I have Degenerative Disk Disease in my cervical spine. With all the tests run and the doctors vacation of three weeks finally over it came time for my appointment with the Neurosurgeon who will be performing the discectomy with fusion  to fix the narrowed nerve pathways in my neck. Finally wd authorization from Tricare so surgery can be scheduled probably the end of September.
  Only then will I regain the strength that I have lost in my arms and no longer be in constant pain.  The process of getting from when I first noticed the pain in my neck, to the first appointment with my primary care doctor, to finally getting surgery to relieve the constant pain has been a very long eight months.  With the pre surgery consult coming up next week and the end of this finally in sight I am really getting anxious. So as I age I am finding that the world of medicine is amazing I truly don't understand why anyone wouldn't go to the doctor and follow through with the steps necessary to fix body parts that need replaced or mended.  Because bottom line I think that medical advances have extended our life span by so much that we just simple live longer then our bodies were designed to work so parts wear out!
   Now lets throw in a little bit of excitement

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.