This year I did something that I hadn't done in years I got to be a Cheerleader!!!! Oh no wait a minte that is right I was a Cheerleading Coach. Darn it I almost forgot.....I am 42 have given birth to three children and must not forget the most important reason why I am now be the coach and not the actual cheerleader..... Well let's face it the little skirt and spanky pants wouldn't look so good on my post child bearing butt!!!
All kidding aside the real reason is because I am the Mom of the excited eleven year old who really wants to be a cheerleader of course...and what better way to spend time with your child then teaching them something fun from your childhood. At The Optimist Football/Cheerleading Banquet tonight they thanked the parents that coached the kids. Thanked them for giving thier time and spoke of the importance of childrens sports programs and how they are used to lay the foundation that teaches our kids to work/play with a group of their peers, work on building self esteem, a sense of team spirit, the importance of excercise, and most important for them to have FUN!!!
But I am the one that feels lucky to have gotten to watch my kids have so much fun. Brody with the football and Bridget cheerleading because even with the hours of practice, late nights after games, trying to get dinner & homework fit in somewhere
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments.